You can follow sections and articles in the knowledge base and you can follow topics and posts in the community. When you follow content, you are subscribing it, so that you will be notified by email when new articles, posts, or comments are added.
You can stop following content at any time. And you can view all the content you're following in one place and manage your subscriptions there.
In the knowledge base, you can follow section and individual articles. You cannot follow entire categories.
You will not be notified when updates are made to existing articles or posts.
To follow a section or topic
- Navigate to the section or topic.
- Click the Follow, then choose notifications for only new articles/posts or for all new articles/posts and all comments.
For articles/posts, you will receive email notifications for new articles/posts only in the section or topic. For articles/post and comments, you will receive email notifications for all new articles/posts in the section or post and any new comments.
To follow an article or post
- Navigate to the article or post.
- Click the Follow button, then choose notifications for only new articles/posts or for all new articles/posts and all comments.
You will receive email notifications for any new comments on the article or post.
You can stop following content at any time if you no longer want to receive notifications. For sections and topics, you can also modify your subscription if you decide you only want notifications for new articles/posts and not all comments or vice versa.
- In the section or topic, click Following, then select Unfollow.
- In the article or post, click Following.
The button changes to Unfollow, indicating that you are no longer following the post; however, you will not receive notifications when the content in the article or post is updated.
Viewing and managing your subscriptions
You can view and modify all your subscriptions in one place. You must be signed in as an end-user to manage your subscriptions.
To manage your subscriptions
- Click your profile icon on the upper-right side of any page, and then click My activities.
Note: You must be signed in as an end-user to see the link.
- Click Following.
- Make any changes to your subscriptions.
Unsubscribing removes the subscription from the page.
Sharing links to specific comments
You can easily share a link to a comment on an article or a post to point users to the exact answer or solution.
To copy a link to a specific comment
- Click the options menu beside the comment, then select Permalink.
- Click Copy.
- Paste the link where you want to share it.